1. Text size:

  2. Contrast:

Home insurance

Home insurance

Fires, floods, burglaries......we all think they will never happen to us but unfortunately they do!

As your landlord we only insure the actual building itself.  Your personal belongings including furniture, carpets and decoration are not insured by us.  This is the same for anyone who rents from us regardless of your tenancy or property type.

We therefore strongly recommend that you obtain contents insurance.

If you don’t have home contents insurance you will have to pay to replace items damaged by such things as fire, burst pipes or flooding.


The My Home contents insurance scheme is a special insurance scheme provided by the National Housing Federation in conjunction with Thistle Tenant Risks and is available for all tenants and residents living in social and affordable housing. 

You can find out more information about the My Home scheme by calling 0845 337 2463 or 01628 586189 (which may be cheaper from a mobile.  You can also find information on the My Home Website.


Alternatively you can also find good value deals using internet comparison sites or by visiting The National Housing Federation website. 


My home contents insurance logo

We would like to place cookies on your computer to make your experience of our website faster and more convenient. To find out more, please refer to our privacy policy . If you do not choose to accept cookies, some parts of this site may not work properly.

Please choose a setting: